Candidates who will take the IELTS Writing exam are wondering what to pay attention to and important tips during the exam. You can find the recommendations for the Academic Writing and General Training Writing exams in our article.
Two different exams are available
including IELTS Academic Writing and IELTS General Training Writing; There are two Writing exams with different question types and the same exam evaluation. Both exams consist of two parts, Task 1 and Task 2.
Tips for the Academic Writing test:
• Read the question or task carefully. Taking a few minutes to understand the question well and taking notes while thinking about your answer will allow you to answer more accurately.
• Write your answer and ideas by dividing them into paragraphs.
• Do not use your sentence structures with items.
• Pay attention to the use of conjunctions so that the sentence structures are regular.
• Do not make typos.
• Check out the free trial questions before you take the exam.
Things to consider during the exam:
• Writing Task 1 responses; Task success is assessed on coherence and semantic integrity, vocabulary and grammar mastery, and accuracy.
• Writing Task 2 is evaluated in almost the same way, except for the task response criterion.
• You have to write at least 150 words in Task 1 and at least 250 words in Task 2.
• Use the 60 minutes given for the exam carefully. Take time to check your latest answers. We recommend allocating 20 minutes to Task 1 and 40 minutes to Task 2.
• Using fewer words in the article can negatively affect the score. Using more words does not mean getting more points. The key is to use correct grammar and sentence structure.
• Capital letters are not a problem when typing. However, in order for the exam to be evaluated correctly, it must be ensured that the punctuation marks are correct.
• Pencil must be used in the exam.
If you want to improve and practice your writing skills, we can recommend you to take the IELTS Writing Assist.
You can reach IDP Education experts to register for the IELTS exam and submit your questions.