Here are answers to some common queries asked by candidates like you.

Frequently Asked Questions

Which test do I take?

The IELTS Academic test is suitable for those wanting to study in an English-speaking environment or university (higher education). You can also take IELTS Academic for professional registration purposes. The test measures if you are ready to begin studying in English. It features vocabulary that is familiar withing an academic setting.

The IELTS General Training test is suitable for those applying to study below degree level. This includes an English-speaking school or college. It can also be taken for work experience or other employment training. IELTS General Training is also required for migration to Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the UK. The test features everyday English language skills that you will need in social and workplace environments.

*However, if your destination is UK, you might need to take an IELTS for UKVI (UKVI Academi or UKVI General Training or UKVI Life Skills).