Refer a friend and get a Fawry voucher worth 200 EGP ! Book your test now


What is IELTS?

The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is an English language test designed to help you study, migrate, or work in a country where English is the native language. 

IELTS has two test types: IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training, both of which assess your English language skills in listening, reading, writing, and speaking. 

IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia, and Cambridge Assessment English. 

Why take IELTS?

You must be able to demonstrate a high level of English language proficiency if you want to work, live, or study in an English-speaking country. 

For people wishing to migrate to countries like Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the UK, IELTS is the test of choice. Over 12,000 employers, universities, schools, and immigration organisations worldwide, including 3,400 institutions in the USA, recognise IELTS as proof of English language proficiency.

IELTS Academic

If you want to study at an English-speaking institution or university (higher education), the IELTS Academic test is the right choice for you.  

The test evaluates whether you’re ready to start studying in English. It uses terminology that is common in academic contexts. IELTS Academic can also be taken for professional registration purposes. 

IELTS Academic can be taken either on paper or on computer.

IELTS General Training

IELTS General Training test is the best fit for you if you want to study below degree level, which includes studying at an English-speaking school or college. IELTS General Training can also be taken for work experience or other employment training. 

Additionally, IELTS General Training is required for migration to Australia, the UK, New Zealand, and Canada. The test covers common English language skills needed in social and professional settings. 

You can also take IELTS General Training on paper and on computer.  

The location of where you want to study, work, or migrate will affect which exam you need to take. For example, if you want to go to the United Kingdom, you will specifically need to take the IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) test. This can either be the IELTS General Training for UKVI test, IELTS Academic for UKVI test, or the IELTS Life Skills A1 or B1 test, depending on your purpose for being in the UK.

What IELTS score do I need?

The better your IELTS score, the more proficient your English communication skills are. Each immigration body, university, workplace or institution will have specific IELTS score requirements. The score you need will depend on what you are looking to do in the country, i.e work or study.

What are the IELTS fees in Egypt?

For updated fees and pricing, please visit the dedicated test centres pages.