The official IELTS by IDP app is here! Download it today.


If you plan to study in higher education or seek professional registration, you can take an IELTS Academic. Or if you want to study in secondary education, work or migrate to an English-speaking country, IELTS General Training might be right for you.

Where you want to study, work or migrate to will affect which test you need to take. If you want to go to the United Kingdom, you will need to specifically take an IELTS for UKVI. This can either be an IELTS Academic for UKVI, IELTS General Training for UKVI, or the IELTS Life Skills A1, A2 or B1.

Make sure you visit the relevant government or institutional websites to confirm which test you need to take, as government agencies, institutions and other recognising organisations set their own IELTS entry requirements.